- Desperate criminal Hanish Thakur nabbed: Notorious criminal and one of the key masterminds of the infamous ‘Nishant Singh Gang’ of Ambala Cantt. along-with his two accomplices was arrested from Ambala City on 7th January, 2011 by Ambala CIA staff. Five illicit weapons and five live rounds were recovered. This desperate criminal was wanted in many heinous cases of Ambala, Panchkula, Mohali, Patiala and Chandigarh. With the arrest of Hanish Thakur, all the members of this gang are now behind bars facing various criminal trials.
- Haryana’s Most Wanted Gangster Badri killed in encounter with Ambala STF: Haryana’s most wanted gangster Rajesh @ Badri, the gangster was shot dead in cross-firing on 1st February, 2011 close to the border of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in Dholpur District of Rajasthan. Rajesh @ Badri carried an award of more than Rs. 5 Lakhs on his head. The police recovered a 9mm pistol, 15 bullets, one hand grenade, one motorcycle and four mobile phones from the scene of the encounter. In return, the police had to fire more than 50 rounds to keep the gangster engaged. This dreaded interstate gangster was wanted in more than 30 cases of gruesome murder, attempt to murder, dacoity, robbery, theft and bodily hurt in Panchkula, Ambala, Bhiwani, Jhajjar, Sonepat, Rohtak, Hisar districts of Haryana and also in other states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan. He was declared a proclaimed offender by various courts of law. This dreaded gangster had committed the sensational dacoity in Sector 14, Panchkula situated PC Jewellers in 2009 in which his gang had robbed jewellery articles worth crores of rupees while dressed as policemen and had also fired upon the staff. His gang members had been arrested by the police and recovery of robbed articles was also effected however, this top gangster Rajesh @ Badri remained at large and was on the most wanted list. With the death of Rajesh @ Badri in this encounter, Haryana Police has achieved a big success in its efforts of making Haryana safe and secure.
- Kidnapped 8 year old boy rescued within four hours: Swift and meticulous action on part of Ambala Police resulted in the safe rescue of an eight year old boy, who was kidnapped on 10th February, 2011 from a little distance away from his house, when he was returning from his school. The boy’s grandfather received a ransom call from the kidnappers of Rs. 80 Lakhs in return for the boy. Within four hours of the incident, the Ambala Police not just rescued the victim alive but also caught one of the accused in the crime after a hot chase and cross-firing. Two other accused were later arrested by the police. Two illicit firearms, one bullet, two empty cartridges and the vehicle used in the incident were also recovered. All of them are now in judicial custody facing criminal trial.
- Conman Sohan Lal wanted in over 15 cases of cheating nabbed: Ambala Police cracked 18 cases of cheating-cum-theft with the arrest of swindler Sohan Lal, a resident of Manimajra, Chandigarh. This crook used to dupe house wives and elderly people especially those from the lower strata of the society to extract their valuables and personal belongings by narrating them false stories. He was caught by the police on 11th August, 2011.
- Sensational blind murder of a woman and her two minor sons traced: Dead bodies of unidentified woman and her two sons with multiple injuries were found from an isolated area of Village Bara, PS Parao, Ambala on 26th August, 2011. On 1st September, 2011, Ambala Police cracked this sensational and daring blind murder with the arrest of accused Balwinder Singh, a resident of Patiala district and recovery of weapon used in the commission of this crime.
- Major Terrorist Bid Foiled by Police, 5 Kg explosives recovered from Railway Station, Ambala Cantt.: On 12th October, 2011, in a joint operation of the Haryana and Delhi Police in co-ordination with intelligence agencies, the Ambala Police located a suspected vehicle lying parked in the public parking of Railway Station, Ambala Cantt. The Bomb Disposal Squad of Haryana Police successfully recovered 5 Kg of explosive material, possibly RDX, two timers and five detonators that were concealed within the suspected vehicle thereby foiling a major terrorist bid.
- Hard core gang of dacoits and contract killers busted by Ambala STF: On 15th October, 2011, the Ambala Special Task Force (STF) nabbed five wanted members of an inter-district hard core gang of contract killers and dacoits in the area of PS Baldev Nagar while preparing to commit a dacoity. One 9mm Machine Carbine, two magazines, 5 country-made pistols and 9 bullets were recovered from their possession. It is believed that this gang was to use these firearms for committing various murders in the areas of district Jind.
- Ambala STF cracks the KU shoot-out case: On 21st October, 2011, the Ambala STF apprehended two persons while attempting to commit a robbery in the area of PS Ambala Sadar. These persons were the main accused in the sensational Kurukshetra University shoot-out case. One 9mm pistol, four bullets, vehicle with fake RC and fake DL were recovered from their possession.
- Member of terrorist outfit BTF and accomplice arrested: Ambala Police arrested Gurbaz Singh, a resident of Patiala, a member of the Punjab based terrorist outfit Bhindrawalan Tiger Force (BTF) along with his accomplice on 9th November, 2011 from the area of PS Naggal, Ambala while attempting to loot passers-by. Two country-made pistols, two bullets, two fake vehicle registration number plates and four stolen trucks were also recovered by the police.
- Parole Jumper on the run for 10 years nabbed: Parole Jumper Nirmal Singh, a resident of Distt. Sonepat, who was convicted for life imprisonment in a sensational case of year 1993 of distt. Sonepat of a cold-blooded murder of five members of a family and who had jumped parole in 2001 was nabbed by Ambala Police on 18th December, 2011 from Distt. Saharanpur, UP.
- Action against female foeticide: In 2011, a total of 9 cases have been registered under various sections of the PNDT Act, MTP Act and IPC against private doctors and their staff who were found indulging in the detestable practice of sex test determination and abortion of fetuses.
- Action against fake SIM card sales: In 2011, Ambala Police has registered 11 cases against persons found either in possession of SIM cards on fake documents or those retailers/distributors who did not properly verify antecedents of customers before activating new SIM connections.
- Blind Murders: 9 blind murders have been traced by Ambala Police in 2011. In these cases, 20 accused persons have been arrested and are now facing criminal trials in the courts.
- Recovery under LSL: Ambala Police has so far registered 375 cases (68 more than 2010) under Gambling Act, in which, 533 persons have been arrested and an amount of Rs. 8, 47,980/- has been recovered. A total of 52 cases under NDPS Act, 1985 have been registered in 2011. Contraband comprising of 4.77 kg opium, 4.48 kg charas, 28 quintal poppy husk, 681 gm smack and 480 gm ‘sulfa’ has been recovered. 67 persons were arrested in these cases. 394 cases were registered under Excise Act and 415 persons were booked under these cases.
- Action under Arms Act: A total of 38 cases were registered under the Arms Act, 1954. 1 9mm Machine Carbine, 25 country-made illicit firearms, 93 cartridges and 33 knives were recovered. 45 persons were arrested in all.
- Gangs: 20 criminal
gangs of crimes against property were caught by
Ambala Police in which, 70 habitual criminals were arrested and 72 cases were traced. Stolen case property worth Rs. 19, 36,245/- was recovered.
- Traffic Violations: Total 94,476 traffic violations have been challaned in 2011. In this, there 11,801 challans of over-speeding and 345 of drunken-driving.
- Gang of robbers busted: The Ambala Police arrsted five members of a gang on 29.12.11, while they were preparing to commit a dacoity in the area of Police Station Parao, Police District Ambala. The police has recovered a knife, two iron rods and some tools/weapons which were used by them in their previous criminal acts. With the arrest of this gang, a case of dacoity with an Army personnel, which took place on 09.12.11 has been solved and a couple of other cases are also expected to be traced.